It only takes 50 milliseconds for people to form an opinion of your website (and by extension, your business). 50 milliseconds. That’s. All. In fact, it is faster than the snap of your fingers. Even more humbling? Seventy-five percent of consumers admit to making judgments on a company’s credibility based on the company’s website design alone. Admittedly, it’s easy to say not to judge a book by its cover, but apparently, we do – in 0.05 seconds. Ninety-four percent of that first impression is design related. That’s why leveraging the latest web design trends is imperative for growth.
Today, we live in a world where online presence is a must for businesses, a well designed, easily navigated website is one of the – if not the – most important aspects of your brand. After all, getting ahead is really just a race of seeing who can get the best engagement (and brand loyalty) the quickest.
This starts with your website. And knowing what’s trending is what positions you to take first place.
Human-centered design is a given
Design has come a long way. These days, there are certain elements that users expect from a website:
- Fast page load speeds – Nearly half of consumers expect a maximum of 2 seconds for a page to load. As a result, slow-loading websites cost retailers $2.6 billion in sales every year.
- Minimalist and streamlined layouts – Statistics show that a large proportion of consumers stop engaging with a website altogether if a website’s layout is unattractive.
- Responsive and adaptive design – Nearly 8 in 10 customers will stop engaging with content that doesn’t display well on their device.
- Mobile-friendliness – Mobile friendliness is essential. Very essential. Of mobile users, almost 90% of those who search for a business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours.
- Intuitive interfaces
- Availability and accessibility
Each of these ensure an excellent base to fulfill 2023’s web trends.
2023 promises a treasure trove of exciting and new concepts for designers to implement. Our team has gathered the top 10 most significant web design trends that we believe will boost UX (and your sales) for the coming year.
1. Micro Animations
2. Embedded Videos
3. Premium White Space
4. Split Screen Design
5. Full Page Headers
6. Data Visualization
7. Hover Content
8. The Use of Color Theory
9. The 2023 Colors of the Year
- Digital lavender
- Luscious red
- Tranquil blue
Consider building a palette around and incorporating them (or variations of them) into your site. It’s certain to attract attention.