It’s no secret that muffins are a big deal at Jemully Media. We love talking about all kinds of desserts. We also love Macadamia nuts, which star is these delicious muffins. One of our web clients sells amazing mcadamia nuts and oil, in fact. During one of our meetings, we were dreaming up different kinds of muffins and our web developer, Riley, requested red velvet muffins. Now, red velvet would seem more like a cupcake, but I was on a mission to make this healthy. Thus, the use of apple sauce instead of oil, and tada!
Here’s a healthier version of red velvet macadamia muffins.
Red Velvet Macadamia Muffins
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 3/4 c water
- 1/2 c vegetable oil (I substituted 1/2 c of unsweetened applesauce)
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tspn nutmeg
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Pour cake mix into a medium bowl and add nutmeg stirring until mixed well. Follow instructions on the box. If you substitute applesauce, halve the mixing time because stirring it too much will make it less moist. Next, add the chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts, stirring lightly until mixed.
- Place in the oven for allotted time. Let cool before serving. Enjoy thoroughly.