guest Blogging FAQs & Guidelines
Want the low-down on getting a blog published on Jemully Media? First, get the basics from the Guidelines page. Then, we invite you to read on to get more detailed answers to our most common guest blogging FAQS.
In the Guidelines you will find:
GUEST BLOGGING FAQs
For quality assurance, each published post goes through a five-step review process to make sure the article is a good fit for the Jemully platform.
- Review Team will accept or reject your article:
- If rejected, you will be given a general reply as to the reason your post was rejected.
- If accepted, you will be sent an invoice for the publication fee.
- After receipt of the publication fee, your post will be sent to the editorial team for edits and on-page SEO.
- Then your post will be sent to the design team for layout on the site and creation/placement of the post’s featured image.
- Finally, your post will be scheduled for publication.
- Submission Confirmation
Upon submission of your post, you will receive a confirmation email that we have received your article.
- Accepted or Rejected
Then, the review team will determine if the article is suitable for the Jemully site and will notify you of their decision.
- Publication Fee Invoice
If your article is accepted, you will receive an invoice for the publication fee.
- Confirmation of Payment & Advancing to the Editors Desk
- Scheduled for Publication
Finally, when your article is scheduled for publication, you will be notified.
No. Our editorial team only reviews completed articles.
NO. We do not accept articles on these topics or links to websites about the following topics: CBD, Adult, Casino, Loans, PayDay, Crypto, Vaping, or Law articles.
Yes, but we only allow a bio for one of the contributors. The second author will be represented with a byline only.
Remember, do not include more than two links to pieces you’ve written or to your own company’s website. More than two links may cause us to consider the piece self-promotional.
- LinkedIn profile
- A speaker bio
- A blog author bio
Jemully will promote all posts via Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other relevant social platforms. All posts are also emailed to our list of newsletter subscribers.
- Twitter – Tweet it out to your network. Feel free to mention @jemullymedia!
- Facebook – Share it on Facebook and Jemully Media. @jemullymedia
- Pinterest – Pin it on Pinterest. @jemullymedia
- LinkedIn – Share a link to the article from your LinkedIn page. But please do not post the full article on LinkedIn. @jemullymedia
- Respond to all comments to create conversation around your post. If you do, you’ll gain some new fans, plus you’ll automatically get alerted for future comments.
- Newsletter – Share an update on LinkedIn from your personal profile home page.
On average, 1 year+.
While our audience is broad, our ideal readers are business professionals in the small to mid-sized B2C organizations, B2B companies, and nonprofits. In addition to having the primary interest of business-related content, we are pretty sure that close to 100% of our readers have homes, families, and enjoy a few hobbies and special interests. So, our review team is accepting a fairly broad range of topics.
However, some of our most popular articles are a little off-beat and just good entertainment. So, give us a try!
- Authoritative but not boastful
- Approachable but not aimless
- Informative but not scholarly
- Quick-witted and relatable but not snarky
- Entertaining but not tasteless
Follow the Jemully Guidelines. Provide at least one angle that is unique in the way it analyzes, educates, equips, or entertains the reader.
Our Editorial Team reserves the right to reject any and all content that we determine is not up to our standards and values. We will determine if the content is a good fit for our audience. Here are a few of the reasons your article could be rejected. We do not accept articles that contain the following:
- It is duplicate content that has been published someplace else.
- It is self-promotional.
- It includes links to a business that is in direct competition with Jemully and Jemully’s services.
- It includes links to sites that promote CBD, Adult content, Casinos, Loans, PayDay, Crypto, or Vaping.
- It is a stand-alone infographic that is not part of a 1,000+ word article.
- It does not educate, equip, or entertain.
- It is not suitable content for our business and entrepreneurial audience.
- It lacks a clear main point.
- It is unclear what the reader should do with the information.
- It is clearly link-bait.
Yes. For the most part, our readers appreciate posts about tools and technologies that help with all aspects of their lives, both professional and personal. Feel free to write detailed posts on how to use a particular technology, as long as it is not self-promotional.
Posts can mention both free and/or paid tools under two conditions:
- If you work for one of the tools/technology companies mentioned in the post, make sure that it’s just one of many tools mentioned.
- All affiliations must be clearly disclosed in the article (for example: Are you a customer? Affiliate? Partner?)
Yes! Below are the requirements and recommendations.
If you include images, they must be:
- Owned by you or licensed to you
- High resolution
- Have source attribution in your article document.
Recommended Image Properties:
- Minimum Size: 512 x 512 pixels*
- Maximum Size: 1920 x 1920 pixels*
- Maximum Number of Files: 10
- Maximum File Size: 2 megabytes per file
- File Formats Accepted: jpg (jpeg), png, gif, and zip
*Image does not have to be square.
No, we do not accept embedded vidoes.
- Minimum Size: 512 x 512 pixels (recommended size 1024 x 1024 pixels)*
- Maximum File Size: 2 megabytes
- File Formats Accepted: jpg (jpeg), png, gif, and zip
*Image does not have to be square but will be displayed in a square format.
For your author bio, we recommend 60-90 words. 100 words is the maximum for the Jemully site.
- Brand/URL Anchors (For example, a branded anchor for golfgenius.com would be “Golf Genius”. URL anchors are variations of the naked URL: golfgenius.com, https://golfgenius.com, www.golfgenius.com, etc)
- Miscellaneous Anchors (“click here”, “read more”, “go to website”, etc.)
- Target Keyword and Longtail Anchors (Anchor text that includes a variation of the keyword on the linked-to page. For example: “link building strategies” linking to a page about link building.)